Everybody has at least one least favorite vegetable, and a lot of the time people pick Brussel sprouts as the worst. But they’re not! And this recipe proves just that. In fact, this recipe is so good I’d go so far to call it addictive. There are so many reasons to love this recipe. First, it’s super quick. Second, it’s so healthy! Third, it tastes oh so good. There is a balance between sweet and sour. You can have this as a side dish or toss some protein on it in a bowl and call it a meal! It’s a great way of getting tons of veggies in your body, and there’s the added nuttiness from the pine nuts and parmesean.
Here you go!
Ingredients: (recipe adapted from Shutterbean)
-30 Brussel Sprouts
-1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
-3/4 cup toasted pinenuts
– 8 tablespoons of olive oil
-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
-1.5 teaspoons of dijon mustard
- wash and peel the Brussel sprouts then put them in a food processor and shred them. If you don’t have a food processor you can use a knife to finely chop them.
- Put the Brussel sprouts in a mixing bowl and then put it off to the side. Next put the pine nuts in a pan and toss them on medium heat for to minutes until golden.
- Add the pine nuts and parmesan to the bowl with the Brussel sprouts.
- Time to make the dressing! Put all of the dressing ingredients in a mason jar, screw the lid on and shake it until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the dressing on the sprouts and mix with a spoon.
- This is best eaten the day of or if you put it in the fridge pour some lemon juice on it so it stays fresh.